Go Green with Online Sports Registration Software
Without the great outdoors, many of our favorite youth sports wouldn’t be possible. Soccer, football, baseball, lacrosse and more—all require a healthy environment in order to build the quality fields that youth athletes (and our communities!) deserve. This Earth Day, help make your sports organization greener with an online sports registration software solution.
The process of registering one child for a sports team or event takes an average of eight sheets of paper! This includes the registration form, consent form, medical waiver, league information form, special notices and flyers to advertise the league. Additionally, paper registration also requires millions of paper clips, staples, envelopes, file folders and other office supplies. In contrast, registration with SportsSignup is paperless with all communications done electronically.
SportsSignup conserves more than one hundred tons of paper annually for more than 2,000 sports organizations across the U.S. that have converted from paper registration to SportsSignup’s safe, convenient and “green” online sports registration process.
Here are a few other ways you can help your sports organization go green:
1. Encourage parents and players to carpool to practices/games. This cuts down on fuel consumption (and helps sports parents save a little money!)
2. Host league events outdoors. Instead of cramming everyone into a gym for the annual league fundraiser or potluck, take it outside! This will help save electricity.
3. Make sure there are recycling receptacles at all your indoor and outdoor fields/courts.
4. Encourage sports parents to purchase gently used gear for their players (great if the kids just want to "test" a sport) to help minimize waste.
5. Encourage players to invest in resuable water bottles as opposed to plastic water bottles.
What are you doing to make your sports organization more green this Earth Day? We would love to hear your ideas!